Built in: 1943
Bridge Length: 60'
The Cavitt Creek Bridge, crossing Little River at the junction with Cavitt Creek, is another of the wooden structures built by Floyd Frear, noted Douglas County builder. The area surrounding the bridge site was settled in the early 1880's and named for Robert Cavitt, who settled on a tributary of Little River.
The design features Tudor arch portals to accommodate heavy log truck usage, and the upper and lower chords utilize raw logs as its members. Each side of the roofed structure sports three windows, and long narrow slits above each truss allow "daylighting" as well as ventilation for the bridge interior.
The bridge has a metal roof and a floor with
longitudinal running planks. The covered
structure sits on concrete piers. This covered
bridge was included in the thematic nomination
of Oregon's covered bridges to the National
Register in 1979, but was not listed at the
request of the County.
World Guide# 37-10-06
Latitude: N43 14.65
Longitude: W123 01.32
From Roseburg take Highway 138 east to Glide. Just before entering Glide turn south on Little River Road. The bridge is approximately seven miles south of Highway 138 at the intersection of Little River Road and Cavitt Creek Road (county roads 17 and 82).
Information provided by: Covered Bridge Society Of Southern Oregon..
Always Verify Driving Instructions.
Add More Information!
We Can Add More Information to this page, Click Here and supply your text info and we will add it in!
SouthernOregon.com does Not provide Directions and Info by phone.
BACK TO COVERED BRIDGES
This is a general information page. All profile information on is provided to users on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied. See terms page if needed.